Alarm clocks that wake gradually with sound or light can be a helpful alternative to unpleasant alarm tones. These can be helpful for a person who is unable to access or use a mobile device as an alarm clock, becomes upset when awakened by another person, or is sensitive to noise.
Keyword search for products: gradual wake, natural wake, progressive alarm
Natural Sunlight Alarm Clock
Aromatherapy and Sound Alarm Clock
The Go Talk Series of devices support communication needs by allowing the user to press a button that has a pre-recorded word or message programmed into it. Many of the devices have different overlays that can be used for different categories of communication.
Go Talk Communicators
The Go Talk NOW app is a customizable iPad app for beginners and experienced users of augmentative communication devices. This app features a Go Talk NOW FREE! iPad app so users can try out the app with limited features before deciding to purchase.
Go Talk NOW FREE!
Go Talk NOW
Features of the Go Talk NOW app:
- Choose from 1, 4, 9, 16, or 25 images per page
- Images can be used from the photo library, camera, or symbol library, or Internet search
- Images can be edited in the app
- Images can have voice or text to speech added
- Auditory cues support scanning and vision support needs
- Videos and songs can be added to buttons
- Supports developing social stories and instruction layouts using mult-media
- Can be used with switches
My choice board is an iPad/iPhone/iPod touch app that can assist with making choices in a visual format. The user can add photos or use the images in the app.
Scene speak is an iPad app that can be used for interactive social stories, visual information, learning, and communication.
Good Karma Applications
The App Store
First Then is an app for the Android, iPhone and iPod touch that provides a visual schedule to promote independence and reduce anxiety.
Choiceworks is a symbol based app that assists the user with completing routines, waiting, making choices, and managing feelings.
The App Store