The Go Talk Series of devices support communication needs by allowing the user to press a button that has a pre-recorded word or message programmed into it. Many of the devices have different overlays that can be used for different categories of communication.
Go Talk Communicators
The Go Talk NOW app is a customizable iPad app for beginners and experienced users of augmentative communication devices. This app features a Go Talk NOW FREE! iPad app so users can try out the app with limited features before deciding to purchase.
Go Talk NOW FREE!
Go Talk NOW
Features of the Go Talk NOW app:
- Choose from 1, 4, 9, 16, or 25 images per page
- Images can be used from the photo library, camera, or symbol library, or Internet search
- Images can be edited in the app
- Images can have voice or text to speech added
- Auditory cues support scanning and vision support needs
- Videos and songs can be added to buttons
- Supports developing social stories and instruction layouts using mult-media
- Can be used with switches
Nabi tablets are marketed for children but can also be used by adults. The tablets come in different sizes with different features, uses the Android operating systems, and runs apps from the Google Play store and Amazon marketplace. The Nabi tablet is helpful for users that benefit from a touchscreen with over-sized buttons and built-n security controls in a low cost tablet. Other helpful features: Supported by wi-fi, built-in camera, microphone, can be used with headphones, SD and micro SD slot for games and storage, mini-USB port, and mini HDMI to display on HDTV.
Proloquo2Go is an application that uses symbols so the user can type a message into the application and the device will speak for the person. Proloquo2go can be tailored to the user’s communication needs.
More information can be found at: