AbleData provides objective information on assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment available from domestic and international sources to consumers, organizations, professionals, and caregivers within the United States. We serve the nation’s disability, rehabilitation, and senior communities.
We do not produce, distribute or sell any of the products listed on this website, but we provide you with information on how to contact manufacturers or distributors of these products. We also do not produce any type of catalog.
AbleData’s most significant resource is the AbleData database of assistive technology, which contains objective information on almost 40,000 assistive products. For each product, we provide a detailed description of the product’s functions and features, price information (when available), and contact information for the product’s manufacturer and/or distributors. We also offer information on non-commercial prototypes, customized and one-of-a-kind products, and do-it-yourself designs. To select products most appropriate to your needs, we suggest combining information provided by AbleData with professional advice, product evaluations, and hands-on product trials.
On the website you can search all of our information on assistive products, as well as information about the companies that make and sell them, by using the Search function that is available on every page or by browsing the Products section of the site. We also offer several other types of resources on the AbleData site:
- links to Web resources that provide information on assistive technology and other disability-related issues
- the Assistive Technology Library, a searchable list of books, articles, papers and other paper and electronic publications that deal with topics relating to assistive technology
- AbleData’s own publications that aid in selecting assistive products
- product reviews and classified ads in the Consumer Forum
- conferences and other events on topics relating to assistive technology and disability
- news items on assistive technology and disability issues that you may have missed.
The AbleData Information Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. eastern time (except Federal holidays) to answer your questions on assistive technology. You can contact AbleData at-
103 W. Broad Street, Suite 400
Falls Church, VA 20910.
Phone: 800-227-0216 or 571-4056-6110.