Glowcaps medication reminder works on the AT&T Mobile Broadband network. The cap provides light and sound notification and will send a text or dial your home phone if the medication is not taken. A plug-in reminder light works in tandem with the cap, glows as a reminder, and sends updates to caregivers. The inside of the glowcap has a button that can be used to send refill notices to the pharmacy.
Visual Schedule Planner is an app that provides customizable schedules and calendars based on the preferences and needs of the user. The app provides multiple views, checklists, notes, timers, custom sounds, images, the ability to fade images into words, and links to video models for tasks within the schedules.
Medication reminders such as timers and alarms can be used to help a person remember to take her medication at the right time.
For more information on the different types of reminders available visit:
There are several options for video remote monitoring available through nationwide vendors who also provide remote monitoring staffing.
These options include:
- One way video monitoring that allows a remote caregiver to see common areas of a home and can notify others or communicate directly with the person if issues arise
- Two way video which allows the person to see the remote caregiver and interact with them directly both visually and verbally
Contact these vendors for additional information:
Sensors are available for rent or purchase as part of a remote monitoring service through nationwide vendors.
The types and function of the sensors include:
- Contact sensors that can be used to detect when a door, window, cabinet or drawer are opened
- Motion sensors that detect movement in a room
- Pressure sensors that detect when someone is in a bed or chair
- Moisture sensors that detect when a person experiences incontinence
- Toilet flush sensors to detect a person’s use of the bathroom
Contact the individual vendor or visit their website for more information.